Sunday, March 28, 2010
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
On last week, hip hop artist Lil Boosie born Torrance Hatch was released from jail after posting a bail of $400,000. As previously reported, the rapper was jailed for allegedly assaulting someone at his Louisiana home which resulted in the rapper being arrested and detained in custody. Lil Boosie was accused of assaulting a man whom he accused of stealing his jewelry which resulted in Lil Boosie allegedly smashing the victim with a vase during a fight.
The rapper was arrested and taken in to custody more than a week later and charged with second degree battery.
Since being released, HipHopRX.com has learned that Lil Boosie has been named a possible suspect in the murder of Baton Rouge rapper Chris “Nussie” Jackson who was killed in February.
Reportedly, FBI agent Antony Jung testified that the FBI had received information that Baton Rouge rapper and Trill recording artist, Torrence “Lil Boosie” Hatch may have played a role in the February shooting of Chris “Nussie” Jackson.
Reportedly, Jung stated that the bureau received information that rapper Lil Boosie (Hatch) had placed a $30,000 bounty on Chris “Nussie” Jackson’s head.
Meanwhile, Trill Entertainment managers Melvin Vernell Jr., of Baton Rouge, and Marcus Roach, of Prairieville, are currently being held in East Baton Rouge Parish Jail in connection with the shooting and attempted murder of rapper Bruce “Beelow” Moore which dates back to July 4, 2005.
District Judge Mike Erwin is expected to make his decision Monday as to whether the two are entitled to bond.
Prosecutors are trying to keep the two managers held in jail until they are tried on all charges, claiming that the two are a threat to witnesses and flight risks.
When the two were initially arrested in 2005 for the shooting of Moore, they were charged with attempted second-degree murder, armed robbery and illegal use of weapons. The two were released on $50,000 bond and the case was dropped one year later.
In May 8, 2009, prosecutors filed a new bill against the two charging them with attempted second-degree murder, illegal use of weapons, aggravated battery, armed robbery, aggravated assault with a firearm and possession of an illegal firearm by a convicted felon, all in connection with the shooting of Moore who survived being shot twice in the face in front of his own business, Shop Smart Music and Fashion.
The defense attorneys plan to fight the prosecutors against blocking Vernell and Roach’s bail citing that the Trill Entertainment managers are “no threat to the community” and are respectable businessmen.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Play-N-Skillz don't want to sue the biggest rapper on Earth, but they have yet to receive any monies for their work on Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter III.'
Play-N-Skillz produced "Got Money," which was the third official single from Lil Wayne'sacclaimed sixth studio album.The song featured T-Pain and peaked at No. 4 on the iTunes Top 100 and No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.
"We haven't gotten any compensation. We really didn't want to speak on anything like that, just because of our relationship with Pain and Wayne. We're more thankful for the opportunity to be on 'Tha Carter III,' but business is business at the end of the day," Skillz said at Sha Money XL's One Stop Shop producers conference over this past weekend.
Skillz, one half of the production hit squad, continued, "now it is coming to where we have to put our business hat on. We had the producer and the creative hat on, but now we wanna know what's going on."
"Got Money" was originally for Pitbull's album, Play said, but it was submitted a mere two days too late for inclusion on theMiami artist's album.
"So, by the time he sent it back, T-Pain was on the hook. T-Pain had made it happen," Play continued. "This just goes to show, where technology is going,” Skillz explained. “We had never even met Wayne. He's in there and with us being from the South, we had seen him here and there, but that was the first time we had actually worked with him. But we didn't actually go into the studio and work with him. Everything was third person."
The song made the rounds and soon there was talk that the song could be going to the next level.
"Pain's people reached out to us and they said there was a big rapper that wanted to rap on it. We wanted to know who the hell it was,” Play continued. “They said it was Wayne, they sent the files back, we changed the music on it, rearranged it and the rest is history."
How the future plays out is unclear, but both Play and Skillz want to resolve things amicably so that all parties can continue to make music.
"We think the legal issues will be taken care of. It might not even be on his radar. A lot of people fail to realize, the artist might not even know. I'm sure that Wayne doesn't even know or Pain doesn't even know," Skillz said. "It could be Universal Records, but somebody has to come with it. Give us our change, man...we need that. We got expensive tastes, baby. We're going to continue to work and hopefully it doesn't tarnish the relationship,” Play said. “But, if you don't handle your business, nothing you do makes sense anyway."
In related news, Play-N-Skillz are going to continue to work on music, but will also return to their rap craft as well.
Soulja Boy Tell Em is in the studio hard at work on his next release "The DeAndre Way"which the teeny-bopper rapper guarantees will be a bonafide smash. Coming off the success of his two singles "Turn My Swag On" and "Kiss Me Through The Phone", SB told MTV he plans to raise the stakes on his third LP:
"This album will be a classic. A lot of people been sleeping on Soulja Boy for a long time, when I first came out with 'Crank Dat' it was so big, gimmicky and catchy it went five times platinum and a lot of people were stuck on it for a long time. They said I was garbage, they said I was a one-hit wonder. Now I came out with 'Kiss Me Through The Phone,' my second No. 1 single and I released 'Turn My Swag On,' my third No. 1 single and now I'm going into my third album. I got everybody's ears open right now...Mark my words, this album will go platinum...I'm reaching out to hip-hop's greatest...Your Jay-Zs, your Kanyes and your Lil Waynes."
Really? No disrespect, but I just can't see a Soulja Boy and Jay-Z collaboration. I'm just saying.........
New York, NY – As of late, it seems as though the Boss, Ricky Ross, has been getting a majority of grief from the media since his public feud with 50 Cent occurred some time ago. And even after the situation with the CO allegations died down, Ross still can’t seem get a break. Within the recent media exposé, Ross was featured on the cover of the May issue ofXXL Magazine, in light of his chart topper ‘Deeper Than Rap.’ Apparently, that honor fell short of an applaud as attention arose over the cover of the issue due to a certain wardrobe item.
That wardrobe item in question is apparently the shades that Ross just so happens to be wearing in plain view. The cover exhibits a zoomed in high quality photo of Ross’ face showcasing the emblem and the style of the Louis Vuitton shades. According to the prestigious company, the sunglasses are in fact counterfeits and they were blatant in pointing them out to the editors as well as the fans.
Here is the actual letter sent to the editors of XXL concerning the May 2009 cover:
We were dismayed to see the cover of the May 2009 issue of XXL Magazine, which features a photo of Rick Ross wearing a pair of sunglasses prominently featuring counterfeit Louis Vuitton trademarks. Because the photo has generated considerable confusion among your readers and Louis Vuitton customers among others, we feel it is important to clarify several points.
The first is that the sunglasses Mr. Ross is wearing were not made by Louis Vuitton, and in fact, are counterfeit. Louis Vuitton did not grant permission to Mr. Ross or to whoever did make the sunglasses to use our trademarks. The second is that no affiliation, sponsorship or association exists between Rick Ross or XXL and Louis Vuitton. The third is that counterfeiting is illegal.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to correct the confusion.
Michael D. Pantalony, Esq.
Louis Vuitton Malletier
The company has in fact been in a strenuous battle over Louis Vuitton merchandise counterfeiting for numerous amounts of years all over the world. This is not the first time they’ve been clashed with Hip-Hop over their unlicensed merchandise, and it probably won’t be the last.